Here are the major reasons why many medical tourists prefer Turkey as a destination
1. Quality medical care that is at par with that obtained in the US or Western European countries. The government of Turkey is investing heavily in the medical tourism industry like never before since the year 2003. This has led to a drastic reduction in mortality and morbidity rate of medical tourists choosing Turkey as a destination.
2. Affordability: Cost of major medical or surgical procedures can go as low as 20-25% of what is obtainable in the US or EU. This makes it worthwhile for many patients who are uninsured or under insured from many countries of the world to head to Turkey.
3. No waiting time: This is another endearing reason for most medical tourists visiting Turkey. Maximum waiting time (at least in the hospitals we are affiliated with) is 1-2 weeks. Most procedures are done in a matter of days saved for the post recovery stay which may run into days or weeks.
4. Accreditation: With the intervention of the Turkish Government, most hospitals and clinics have the highest level of accreditation by JCI (Joint Commissions International), the JACHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations), ISO (International Organization for Standardization) thereby the ensuring patient safety
5. Location: The proximity of the country to most European countries, the Middle East and even Africa is another strong point for Turkey as a medical tourism destination. The country’s carrier, Turkish airline has a number of fleets that connects many of these countries to the capital city of Turkey, Istanbul.
6. Governmental Policies: The Visa waver option offered to many countries and their citizens visiting Turkey also makes Turkey a very convenient destination for medical travels. International patients do not like to be burden with the hassles associated with visa processing and that makes Turkey a good choice.
7. The Climate, The People and Beautiful places to Visit: Turkey has a Mediterranean climate condition. The coastal areas of Turkeybordering the Black Sea have a temperate Oceanic climate with warm, wet winters and cool to cold, wet summers. There are also alot of beautiful and attractive places to visit in the country and these include the iconic blue mosques, Patara beach, Mount Nemrut and the likes.
8. Turkey leads in CAM: Apart from conventional medicines, the nation is a hotspot for CAM, which stands for complementary and alternative medicine. Turkey is the place to go if you are looking for health spas, homeopathy, detoxification programs or acupuncture.
Need a quote for medical or surgical procedures in Turkey? Will you want to contact an expert on how to go about your next medical journey? Then send us all your requests and questions here and our international patient department @ Medicom Global Healthcare Solutions will get in touch with you as soon as possible.